Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wild Honey

I was meeting my girlfriend for dinner, and she wanted to dine at Wild Honey. A place that serves all-day breakfast sets. Breakfast for dinner. I was all for it. I mean, I've only been there before just once, with another girlfriend who love brunch, but I didn't dare take pictures that one time cos I heard about how scary the owner is about photo taking in his restaurant.

Well, this time round, I managed to gear up my courage to ask the lady manager if it was alright to take pictures, and she agreed to me taking photos of the food, just no pictures of the counter area. I was perfectly fine with that condition! :)

 English set

The girlfriend ordered the English set, and a latte (madness! I'm the sort that can't drink coffee after 4pm in the afternoon, if not I'll not be able to sleep at night...). The set consisted of - creamy scrambled eggs, pork sausage, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, bacon and vine ripened tomato with toasted brioche. I remember ordering that combo the first time I visited and I recalled that it tasted really good (good bread). Girlfriend, who didn't like baked beans, even ate the baked beans, saying that it was yums. Heh.

 Tunisian set

I ordered the Tunisian - a sizzling pan of red pepper, onion and tomato concise (stew) studded with sliced chorizo sausage and crowned with two fried eggs. I wanted to order this from the very first visit, but the food photographer in me nayed the idea cos I didn't have the chance to take photos. I knew I was going to visit the place again, so I saved the Tunisian for another trip (where I hoped I would get a chance at photos - phew!). And boy was it a good choice! I love the slightly spicy stew. Especially when I tore off chunks of the awesome soft bread to dip it in. Love the gooey egg yolk (though weird enough, I thought I only ate one yolk, and not two...did they shortchange me by one egg???).

 Breaking the yolks ritual
Wild Honey

The place wasn't overly crowded on the weekday night we visited, though I heard that it's crowded during the weekends...(and they don't do reservations!). I'll be heading there again soon with the same girlfriend, to have breakfast for dinner again after I'm back from my Bangkok trip. Perhaps I'll try the new Basque set, or the Belgian, or the Canadian. Ahhh. Choices. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, look at that sausage! What did it taste like? I'm trying to incorporate American thanksgiving this month..so I've been looking for Italian sausage! What did it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried that before! i love the tunisian set with bread. yummss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I did saw the long line during the weekend. Do they have a wide choice for vegan? It's hard to find a variety of vegan menu at eateries around here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl j: the sausage? hmmm i kinda forgot the taste cos that was my girlfriend's plate. heh.

    ade: tunisian rocks!

    em: hello there! hmmm vegan? well most of the sets at wild honey includes eggs tho so im nt too sure if there is much vegan selections...you can check out the menu online though! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I did saw the long line during the weekend. Do they have a wide choice for vegan? It's hard to find a variety of vegan menu at eateries around here..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...